Celebrate 4th of July In Summit County
Come to Summit County and celebrate Independence Day while taking in some of the nation’s most beautiful sites.
Surely when “purple mountain majesties” was written in 1913 it was referencing our very own majestic Rockies. Between the views and the weather, Summit County is the place to be in July.
- Keystone’s Stars and Guitars event kicks off the 4th of July Festivities with an Independence Day celebration the whole family can enjoy on Saturday, July 1st. Enjoy patriotic kids’ swag, interactive entertainment from Salida Circus, free face painting, live music, and more!
- If you are looking for an Independence Day celebration in a quintessential small mountain town, then Frisco’s Fabulous 4th of July will fit the bill. Frisco knows how to throw a party filled with activities for the whole family on Frisco’s charming Main Street and at the beautiful Frisco Bay Marina. The festivities begin with a Team Summit Pancake Breakfast at 8am, and end with a free concert on Main Street at 4pm.
- The Breckenridge 4th of July party kicks off with a 10K trail run, followed by the Firecracker 50 mountain bike race and the Main Street parade. Family activities, live music, and a performance by the National Repertory Orchestra are not to be missed! Check out Breckenridge Creative Arts’ Cirque de USA, complete with circus crafts and games, a chalk contest and a dog fashion show!
LOCATION: COPPER MOUNTAIN
- Head to Copper for an action-packed holiday weekend with their Red, White, Brews & Tunes festival July 2nd-3rd. Throughout the weekend, enjoy the perfect mashup of music and mountain activities.
- On the 4th of July, from 10am-noon, head to Rainbow Park for a special Fourth of July celebration featuring the National Repertory Orchestra and family-friendly activities.
- Join the Colorado Jazz Repertory Orchestra at the Dillon Amphitheater for a free evening of American Music: Soul, Jazz, and the Blues. Doors are at 3pm and the show is at 4pm. All ages are welcome!
FOURTH OF JULY LODGING
You can’t beat this location for the 4th of July! Step outside and you’re standing next to Keystone Lake. These rentals get booked really fast, so be sure to book your Lakeside vacation rental today!
Many of our vacation rentals offer village views so you can take in the parade from the comfort of your own private balcony! Or you can walk downstairs and grab a spot along the parade route.
This area is set off away from the main festivities in Keystone but is just a short walk or bike ride from Keystone Lake.
Grab a rental right on Main Street where you can be right in the middle of all the festivities. Or book a rental in Blue River, just south of Breckenridge. You can drive into Breckenridge or use public transportation.
Published on Tuesday, May 14, 2019